box jellyfish first aid

Poisonous Box Jellyfish Stings: Increasing Awareness and Saving Lives

In recent times, there have been multiple cases of tourists being injured by the sting of poisonous box jellyfish at the beaches of Ko Samui. On June 4, 2013, Miss Supinya Sri Thongkun, Deputy Mayor of Ko Samui Municipality, addressed the matter and sought solutions to this pressing issue. Reports from Ko Samui Hospital revealed that initial help rendered to the victims was often incorrect, leading to potentially hazardous consequences, including possible loss of life.

Read More