DNA Test Results Linked to Baby Remains Found in Bang Sue District

dna testing murder investigation

Arrest and Investigation of Songsak Songsaeng

Songsak Songsaeng, a 46-year-old man, was recently arrested along with his current wife, Sunan Nahuanin, aged 40, for the alleged murder of their 2-year-old daughter. During the interrogation, Songsak confessed to killing four sons, all born to one of his three former wives. The case caught the attention of the public and triggered a thorough investigation.

DNA Test Findings: A Connection to the 2013 and 2014 Cases

The police carried out DNA tests on Songsak and one of his ex-wives, Jessada Meepian. Results showed a match between their samples and those collected from the bodies of two babies found in Bang Sue district in 2013 and 2014. The first baby, estimated to be 10 months old, was discovered in 2013, while the second baby, thought to be one month old, was found in 2014. DNA samples were collected from the remains for identification purposes.

Pol Maj Gen Wathee Assawutmangkul, the commander of the forensics division, confirmed the positive match between the DNA samples from Songsak, Jessada, and the deceased infants.

Additional Bones Found and Upcoming DNA Test Results

During the investigation, more bones were found near Soi Phahonyothin 56 in Bangkok’s Sai Mai district. The DNA test results for these remains are expected to be announced next week.

In light of the evidence, Jessada will face charges for concealing the bodies, according to Pol Maj Gen Teeradet Thammasuthee, chief of the Investigation Division of the Metropolitan Police Bureau (IDMB). Meanwhile, Songsak’s initial charge of assault causing death will be upgraded to colluding to murder, pending the results of the DNA tests on the newly discovered bones.

Possible Human Trafficking Charges

The police are also considering pressing human trafficking charges against Songsak, who allegedly used photos of his injured daughter to solicit donations. The authorities were alerted to the situation after a social media influencer sought help for two girls who were reportedly assaulted by their father. The case is ongoing and further developments are expected as more information becomes available.