fire safety disaster prevention

Suppressing a Fire at Workers’ Accommodation

On August 26, 2023, at 10:05 AM, a fire broke out at a workers’ accommodation for a restaurant and construction site, located at House No. 101, Moo 1, Bo Phut Subdistrict, Koh Samui District, Surat Thani Province. The buildings affected were temporary brick houses with pressed wood walls and zinc roofs, totaling 14 rooms (two adjacent rooms per unit), housing 28 residents. The entire building and all its contents were damaged, but there were no reported fatalities.

Read More